We did set up a modular design for our training components. The training modules closely follow the Contrail software modules. The leading project partners in the Contrail Project responsible for a certain component will also produce the components that - together - will be the Contrail software curriculum.
Documentation will be part of the curriculum and will be offered in a consequent and consistent format. From the project portal both training modules and documentation will be offered.
The main Contrail is will be available online. Some user guides will also be made available in printable format.
Look at the menu on the right to see which training modules are available.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing and Contrail (see below)
- Contrail Platform as a Service - ConPaaS
- Contrail Cloud file system - XtreemFS
- Contrail Cloud security and federated identity management
- Contrail Architecture
- Contrail Infrastructure Federation
- Virtual Execution Platform
- Filesystem Support for Federated Clouds
Training module - Introduction in Cloud computing and Contrail
Everyone interested in Cloud technology
This module provides a general introduction into Cloud computing, Cloud management, and Cloud Federation, and the role Contrail can play.
- What is Cloud computing, and what is it not.
- What are the markets in which Cloud computing can be successful.
- Everything is a service: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, …
- Cloud infrastructures.
- Cloud issues: vendor lockin, complexity.
- Contrail anwsers.
Dynamic oral presentations, online video's and slide shows.