Contrail release 1.2 is now available for testing.
Release 1.2 highlights:
- SLA Manager on the provider level
- Virtual Infrastructure Network (VIN)
- Federation updates to reflect additional functionality (SLA and VIN support)
- Updates have been made to the security part as well, adding basic OAuth 2.0 functionality
This release of the Contrail software stack only indicates some basic workflow of SLA passing between the federation and the provider. The release serves as a basis for the next one, which will provide the API functionality of current release directly to the user.
More information: Contrail Software
Interested in a trial: Contrail testing
Business customers addressed by this Release:
- IT Service companies
- Private Clouds
- Public Clouds
- Cloud Brokers
- Community Cloud
|April 8-12, 2013||EGI Community Forum 2013||EGI CF, Manchester, United Kingdom|
|April 15-18, 2013||OpenStack Summit||Portland, Oregon, USA|
|June 13, 2013||1st ConPaaS Workshop||Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|June 16 - 20, 2013||Booth 664 at ISC13||Leipzig, Germany|
|July 22 – 26, 2013||Contrail - Cloud Computing Summerschool 2013||Almere, The Netherlands|
|September, 2013||Contrail Business Day||Milan, Italy|
The Contrail White Paper "Overview of the Contrail system, components and usage" is available for download. The White Paper provides an overview of the Contrail system and components and describes several use cases and business opportunities.
Supply of, and demand for computational capacity is elastic. Some companies are are falling short, others have capacity in abundance. More often than not the need or surplus in computational power or storage capacity is temporary. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the surplus of one corporation could (temporarily) alleviate the wantage of the other. A consortium of ten organisations from six European countries started on a collaborative project to enable just that. The Contrail project aims to design, implement, evaluate and promote an open source computational cloud wherein users can limitlessy share resources.
The Contrail project will run for a period of three years and will show tangible results:
- Contrail will provide a complete Cloud platform which integrates a full Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform- as-a-Service offer.
- Contrail will allow Cloud providers to seamlessly integrate resources from other Clouds with their own infrastructure.
- Contrail will break the current customer lock-in situation by allowing live application migration from one cloud to another.
- Contrail will be fully available in open-source.